Guess the primary changes for motorists with evolving seasons? Tyres. Yes, not all tyres are made for every season and no season is made for all tyres. Different tyres are made for summers, winter and all-season tyres. Each tyre has its own specialities. Thus, we present you with a guide to seasonal tyres, so that you can choose which one works best for you:
- Summer tyres Reading are made for mild weather conditions, as they are softer and more flexible, and made with less rubber as compared to other tyres
- Even though they are labelled as ‘summer’ tyres, they can work pretty well in temperatures above 7°C, which is why they can work as all season tyres in many regions.
- Gives performance of the highest quality on both dry and wet roads
- They have pretty good wet traction, but would not work for ice or snow
- Steering is quick and accurate with these tyres, especially when you are cornering
- Since they are made with softer rubber compounds, twists and turns will be smooth and easy to handle
- Summer tyres also help you to brake or stop quicker on both wet and dry roads
- Helps your vehicle withstand dry weather conditions and provides accurate steering, handling and braking throughout.
- If you live in a region where temperatures frequently drop below 7°C, then winter tyres are for you
- They have more natural rubber compounds, giving them a softer structure, and guarantee flexibility even below 7°C
- As the name suggests, they work exceptionally on roads which are dry, wet, icy, slushy or even snowy
- Winter tyres are usually available in speed categories Q (160 km/h), T (190 km/h), H (210 km/h) und V (240 km/h)
- Deep treads of these tyres are specifically optimized for providing maximum grip, handling and braking, even in snow and ice
- The treads also help disperse more water, which minimizes the chances of aquaplaning
- Since they can work better in colder weather conditions, and do not wear out often, which is why they are also more cost-effective than summer tyres
- A disadvantage with these tyres is that they are not made for all seasons and thus have to be replaced with summer tyres every summer season
- If you are thinking about fixing winter tyres on your vehicle then it should be all four tyres.
ALL SEASON TYRES
- These tyres are the true all-rounders and work excellently in all weather conditions, all through the year
- These are combined with the key elements of both the summer and winter tyres, and so, can handle wind, rain, wet and dry weather conditions
- These tyres are for you if you live in a region where the weather is not very extreme and keeps changing frequently
- It is advised that if you live in an area where heavy snow is experienced, you must switch to winter tyres as all-season tyres will not provide the maximum advantage
- These tyres work well in all weather conditions but will not provide the best performance in a particular season as the specialist tyre of that season
- These are cost-effective as you do not have to change them frequently
You may easily choose your tyres, according to your needs like Dunlop Tyres Reading. Note that each of the tyres have their own advantages and disadvantages so you must choose them carefully.