Tyres form an important link between your car and the road. A key characteristic of a good ride is driving comfort that comes with a good set of tyres. They improve the handling, steering, acceleration, and braking of your car. Here we bare the essentials of picking the right set of tyres for your vehicle.
1) Check Tube- Type Or Tubeless: Tubeless tyres are better and safer than the tube-type tyres. Alloy wheels with tubeless tyres are excellent for highway driving. Steel wheels with an anti-rust coating inside and liners are a good option as well. Tyres with a liner covering also prevent air leakage.
2) Size Of The Tyre: Tyre sizing is important for smooth car performance and drive shaft stability. If you have a people carrier, you must ensure that your tyres have the right load capacity. Read the tyre markings and keep the tyre diameter as close to the original as possible. It is usually mentioned on the sidewall of the tyre and represented in a standardised manner. Match the following parameters to get an accurate tyre size:
a) Rim Size: Choose a tyre with the same size of rim that you want to mount the tyre on. It adds to the “on rails” feel and affects comfort. Larger rims reduce the sidewall height and minimise sidewall flex when cornering.
b) Tread Width: Tyre’s width is the distance of its inner sidewall to its outer sidewall. It affects the fender well and frame clearances when you choose wheel and tire packages. Tyre’s section width is affected by the width of the rim on which the tyre is mounted. You must choose only the industry assigned rim width for the tyre size.
c) Height of the sidewall: Keep the sidewall height of your new tyres as close to that of the original as possible. Sidewall height difference within 3-4% range is considered acceptable.
3) Tread Pattern: Tread pattern plays a key role in determining your vehicle’s performance in different weather conditions. It channels out water when you drive through a waterlogged area. It can reduce road noise generated by the tyre when air gets trapped and expelled from those channels when running. Do not buy re-treaded tyres as they are dangerous and not worth your money.
4) Rubber Compound: Rubber material affect traction and the tread wear characteristics of a tyre. High-quality tyres have higher traction and speed rating, and provide you with a firm grip on your vehicle. It can even improve tyre behaviour by lowering screech, and wail when approaching traction limits.
5) Overall Tyre Quality: Always consider the following three parameters before finalising tyres for your car:
a) Reputation Of The Manufacturer– Ideally, you must go for branded tyres. They offer better performance, lifespan and most importantly, safety. Leading tyre manufacturers have a niche in new technology and innovative designs and hence bring you quality and tested tyres. So ask around, review, research, and choose only a trusted manufacturer.
b) Manufacture Date– Choose fresher tyres that are not older than 6 months or at max not older than a year.
c) Warranty: Ensure that the tyres you buy have a warranty to defray repair or replacement costs.
Still confused about choosing the right tyre? Experts at Gilgal Tyre will help you figure out everything about Cheap Tyres Manchester. So buy reliable and durable tyres from us at affordable prices and improve your vehicle’s performance.