Our cars are our prized possessions. We love to flaunt this invaluable asset in front of our family and friends. The glossy finish of the vehicle is what attracts the people towards it. That’s why we detest seeing any kind of scratches or marks on this alluring vehicle. Like a protective parent, we always strive to keep the look of our car intact at all times.
One of the ways to keep your car sparkling and unscathed at all times is through the use of paint. Whether your vehicle is old or new, it’s a rage amongst everyone, as it helps to maintain the look of your car all the time. This blog is going to inform you about the parts where this film can be installed and the pros and cons of this film.
What is a paint protection film?
This film is made with high-quality thermoplastic urethane, which is applied to the top layer of the car. It can be transparent or coloured, depending on the make of the film. The elastomeric polymeric substance in it helps to gain back its shape even after getting stretched. That means this film has self-healing properties.
Various names for this film
You might find this film in the market by various names. Some of them are –
- Invisible shield
- Rock chip protection
- Clear mask
- Clear wrap
- Car scratch protection
Where can you put this film?
Ideally, you can install this film anywhere on your car. But you can also apply this film on –
- Hoods, mirror backs and bumpers
- Rocker panels
- Cavities at the door handle and edges of the door
- Full hoods, roofs and trunks
Do we require professional help to install this film?
Although you can install the film yourself if you follow the steps diligently, for the precision and accuracy, you do need the help of a professional to install the car protection film Birmingham. These people are trained to do such jobs and don’t leave any bubbles while doing so. Hence, it’s better to hire a skilled professional for this purpose.
Merits of paint protection film
This film comes with its numerous benefits –
- Helps to keep your car look new and glassy at all times.
- Cleaning the car gets easier with the film on.
- Protects the car from harmful UV radiation. Otherwise, the colour of your vehicle can chip off easily.
- Protects the vehicle from scratches, rust, burns, grime and nicks.
- Its invisibility is its greatest strength. So, you can use it in the car anywhere you like.
- With car looking like new at all times, the resale value of the vehicle also increases.
- Helps in saving money, as you don’t need to spend frequently on minor damage.
- It can be removed safely, as and when you require to do so.
Demerits of paint protection film
There’s no denying the fact that there are numerous benefits of this film, it carries some negative traits too –
- Even minor damage leads to the complete replacement of the film.
- You can’t install it properly on your own, so you need to spend some amount of money for that too.
- Inferior quality films can discolour the paint of your car.
Applying the paint protection film on your car is entirely your discretion. It’s just that if you want to maintain the look of your vehicle, then the protection film becomes a must for your vehicle.