You have big plans for today but as you start your car, it doesn’t feel right. Your car does not sync with your steering. It is not functioning the way it always does. It becomes difficult to keep your car on the road. Does that make you feel like losing the sense of control over life and your vehicle?
You can certainly handle your life the way you want to, and we will help you gain control over your car again. Keep reading the article to know more about what could be causing this issue.
Such problems arise when your wheels are not aligned. Some major symptoms of misaligned wheels are uneven and rapid wearing of your tyres, steering wheel errant even when you are driving straight, the steering making noise, pulling to one side while driving and squealing sound of the tyres.
Signs you should look out for
If you are sure that your vehicle has one or more symptoms mentioned above, you must see a technician. There are some additional questions that you might be asked and you should know the answer to:
- When was the first time when you noticed the problem?
You should know that the problem in your vehicle begins after hitting something or an accident. If not so, the problem would have developed slowly due to some degrading part.
- How often do you face the problem?
It is possible that the problem only arises when the vehicle is on specific types of surfaces or under some certain load conditions. Your problem could be different after taking a turn or pressing your brakes.
- When did you add air or got your tyres rotated for the last time?
The lack of rotation and incorrect pressure can cause uneven or premature wearing of the tyres. This can add up to your problem.
- Have you replaced your tyres or suspension or steering parts in the past?
Your existing problem can be a result of some issue in the past. You must mention all of the past works to see if it relates to the problem or not.
You should never ignore the wheel alignment Willenhall aspect of your car, as even minor misalignment can lead to extensive damages to other parts of your vehicle. The tyres of your vehicle could undergo premature wear, which makes them ineffective for a safe drive. Misalignment puts undue stress on the suspension system of your vehicle and could damage its components as well. Such damages are sure to make holes in your wallet.
How to prevent Misalignment?
You can remedy a few misalignment issues yourself.
- You can remove the excess weight of luggage or anything heavy that you carry, from your car. Having too much weight at the back end of your vehicle lowers it down, throwing off the alignment.
- You must always maintain correct air pressure in your tyres.
- You should drive in a way that doesn’t put much strain on steering and suspension components. They play the most significant role in maintaining the alignment and providing you with optimum control of the vehicle.
To ensure yourself a safe driving, you must get the alignment of your wheels checked regularly. Visit us at Martini Tyres, and we will provide you with the best services at the most affordable price.