What are Summer Tyres?
Summer tyres are the seasonal tyres that are most preferably used in temperatures above 7 degrees Celsius. These are the most basic tyres that are fitted in the car by a car manufacturer. Summer tyres are the most commonly used tyres that are mostly optimized in hot weather. So, it is very much possible that you also own a pair of summer tyres. The point here is do you know how they work and the advantages and disadvantages of these tyres? Probably not. Right? There are many people out there, who constantly use tyres and still are unaware of their actual benefits.
If you know, your summer Car Tyres Ipswich are a perfect combination of material used and tread design for hot and dry weather.
Summer tyres are manufactured to be used in particularly hot and dry climates and road conditions because of the rubber compound and tread pattern. You cannot use your summer tyres throughout the whole year although they are considered the standard types. Most motorists use inappropriate tyre types in different weather conditions, which leads to heavy damages. For example- winter tyres should be used in cold weather conditions only, if used otherwise, their rubber becomes weak, and also, they wear out faster in other seasons. Lack of time? You can switch to all-season tyres so that the hassle of changing your tyres every season should end.
Summer tyres are composed mainly of natural and synthetic rubber combined together with chemicals. The mixture provides them the softness and flexibility they need while being on road. If your tyres are hard rubbered, you should plan on replacing them. Stiff tyres make driving uncomfortable and risky. Though the rubber compound of summer tyres is indeed harder because heat makes them softer.
Functions of Summer Tyres-
– The tread pattern of the summer tyre is wide and block-shaped. These are not deep and have very few grooves and sipes in them. The large tread helps in making a larger contact with the road, leaving a bigger footprint on the road. It also prevents hydroplaning and disperses more water from the road for a better driving experience.
– Since the tyres improve braking, handling and reduce the stopping distance, they are also fuel-efficient.
– Summer tyres are considered best for maintaining a uniform grip on both dry and wet road conditions.
– Summer tyres are supposedly more stable at a fast speed which is why they are considered better in every form and also famous for creating less noise.
– The larger tread also helps in improving the handling, control, braking, and accelerating while driving.
Season changes throughout the year. With the change in climate, the road condition also changes. Considering summer tyres, they are more responsive and have better handling in the hot and dry season. The rubber compound of summer tyres gets stiff in winters and starts to deteriorate. The tyres should be suitable according to the weather because driving with unsuitable tyres can damage the tyres and your driving experience.
Using summer tyres in winters can cause an excessive amount of wear and tear. These tyres cannot properly make grip on the icy road because summer tyres do not have sufficient grooves and sipes to bite into the snow. Using summer tyres in winter can be a risk to your safety. Similarly, your Winter Tyres Ipswich perform extremely well in cold weather but professionals suggest not using them in summers because the temperature can adversely affect the condition of their rubber.
No matter what tyres you own, it is crucial to maintain your tyres properly. Getting your tyres serviced is as important as servicing your car. Tyres are one of the most significant parts of your vehicle that plays a lot of functions in providing you safety and comfort while driving.