Although introduced somewhere in the 1980s, RFT or Run Flat Tyres are trending in the automobile industry presently. Initially, BMW started introducing this feature in their standard cars other than their M model. Following the demand of customers, most manufacturers began incorporating RFT in their vehicles as well.
So, why is this rising demand for RFT? Why should you get it as your tyres in Bristol?
Let’s find it out…
RFT or Self Supporting Tyres are designed to ensure that you can drive your vehicle to a safe parking spot even after a puncture. Hence, most luxury cars come with these tyres installed or with the option to fit them later.
Here is all that you need to know about this pneumatic vehicle tyre –
- How does it function?
RFTs continue to function even after tyre punctures because of their reinforced sidewalls. Regular car tyres in Bristol are dependent on the air to support the load of a vehicle. However, in the case of RFT, its stronger rubber compound helps to let a car run even after punctures.
A vehicle with RFT must also be fitted with a Tyre Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS). It notifies the driver about a puncture with a light on the dashboard. TPMS is essential because it lets a driver know about the underinflated tyre (because of the durable sidewalls of RFT) and allows him/her to slow down. This helps in preventing the tyres in Bristol from becoming susceptible to any further damage.
One can opt to drive their cars to Sam’s Tyres and avail their assistance in this regard. They also offer services in tyre fitting, tyre mounting, wheel balancing, wheel alignment, etc. Else, one can also go for purchasing these tyres online from the sites of reputed garages.
Now that you know all about these tyres in Bristol, read on to find out why you should opt for them:
- Why should you go for RFTs?
Here are some reasons why you should avail the Run Flat Tyres:
- You can drive on a flat tyre and need not change the tyre on the highways or wait for your car to be towed to the nearest garage.
- You would not need spare car tyres in Bristol. Hence, your vehicle will be carrying much less load, which will have a positive impact on the fuel used.
- As compared to the performance of the conventional tyres in puncture situations, RFTs provide much better stability to the vehicle owing to its stronger sidewalls.
In case the RFTs are appropriately used, they provide optimal handling characteristics, and enhances the overall driving experience. However, according to experts, drivers need to follow these directions to the T.
- Get the vehicle equipped with TPMS.
- Give special care when mounting or de-mounting RFTs.
- Do not change the fitted RFTs to regular tyres.
Going by the innumerable benefits that it offers, opting to go for RFTs can be the 1-stop solution to the post-puncture complexities.